"Charting the Course"
May 15-17 , 2019
Pier 66 Hotel & Marina, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Charting the Course
This meeting will feature speakers and topics who will address how experts respond to emergencies; power monitoring for hospitals; keys to streamlining emergency responsiveness and keys to achieving compliance – all especially important topics after experiencing several hurricanes in Florida in the last two years. The conference will end with a presentation on evaluating the security risks of the modern patient experience. Besides interactive discussions, you will have the opportunity to network with other healthcare engineering professionals and meet industry suppliers.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Florida Healthcare Engineering Association, an affiliate of American Society of Healthcare Engineering (ASHE), is to promote the professional role of the healthcare engineer and advance the development of healthcare engineering through effective communication, educational opportunities, and establishment of professional standards.
- Promote the recognition of the professional role of healthcare engineers throughout Florida healthcare related facilities or systems as directed by and in unison with ASHE.
- Assist in the professional growth and development of its members.
- Provide a network of effective communication to facilitate the exchange of information, ideas, and experiences.
- Provide resources to support and promote sustainability in conjuction with FHA and ASHE programs.
- Provide a variety of education opportunities through seminars, workshops, business meetings, trade shows, and training programs.
- Serve as an information resource through newsletters, social media, and other materials.
- Establish and maintain a high standard of integrity, proficiency, and professionalism in the healthcare engineering field.
- Establish and promote relationships with other professionals of businesses, organizations, or agencies that are related to healthcare engineering.
- Encourage all interested and qualified engineers to become members of Florida Healthcare Engineers Association.
- Provide an organization structure at district and state levels.